Yesterday as I toured the 30th anniversary of Epcot Centre here in Orlando, FL (isn’t vacation grand?) the shortlist for the Scotiabank Giller Prize was announced. If you haven’t heard yet, the nominees are:
- Will Ferguson for his novel 419, published by Viking Canada
- Alix Ohlin for her novel Inside, published by House of Anansi Press
- Nancy Richler for her novel The Imposter Bride, published by HarperCollins Publishers
- Kim Thúy for her novel Ru, translated by Sheila Fischman, published by Random House Canada
- Russell Wangersky for his short story collection Whirl Away, published by Thomas Allen Publishers
If you haven’t got your ticket to attend your local Scotiabank Giller Light Bash, never fear – there’s still time! Check out all the details here and come out and celebrate in all the fun. As someone who’s part of the Giller Light Committee in Toronto, let me tell you, you’re going to want a ticket, because we’ve got lots of great things in the works!
Congratulations to the authors and publishers for being nominated!