I haven’t been reading for the last couple of days because I’m saving all my reading energy for the big read-a-thon. I’ve got the whole day free and I’m really going to try to read for 24 hours straight. My start time begins at 8am and I’ve been picking and choosing what books I want to read on Saturday – trust me, it’s hard. The admin. team suggests to read smaller books so you don’t get overwhelmed. I put away all my John Irving titles and chose things that I believe aren’t too intimidating.
The selections I chose for my Read-a-Thon as shown below *Please note the 4 pack of Red Bull I plan on consuming in order to help me stay up for a full 24 hours.
1. Identical Strangers – Elyse Schein and Paula Bernstein
2. Welcome to the Departure Lounge – Meg Federico
3. Garden Spells – Sarah Addison Allen
4. Godmother – Carolyn Turgeon
5. The Phantom Tollbooth – Norton Juster
6. The Face on the Milk Carton – Caroline B. Cooney
7. Island of the Blue Dolphins – Scott O’Dell
8. Confections of a Closet Master Baker – Gesine Bullock-Prado
9. For One More Day – Mitch Albom
10. The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing – Melissa Bank
Will I be able to read 10 books? No – but I’m going to give it my 100% to read as many as I can. I’m most excited to read “Garden Spells” and “Confections of a Closet Master Baker”
If you were to read for 24 hours, what book would you make sure you read off your bookshelf???